Flintlocke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft EU Genjuros Guild Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Start - Your Thoughts?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tinar

Tinar

New Start - Your Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: New Start - Your Thoughts?   New Start - Your Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:20 am

An opportunity for a new start and so far I'm pleased with the direction of the guild. People seem to be talking and running instances and helping each other out. This is promising.

Now we need to look to the future and predict what we will be wanting to achieve not just today and tomorrow but maybe in a month or two or longer so that we don't fall flat on our arses as soon as something comes up that someone might have foreseen if they had given it a moment's thought.

Here are some of my thoughts:-

We are an all levels guild and I don't want to change that, so we need to make sure that people below 80 are catered for as well. It is too easy for those at any level to dismiss the requirements of those below them and we all should be mindful of this because our main recruitment for endgame will be (and always has been) from those moving up, not from new blood in at the top. We grow our own. If they are wilted then it is our own fault.

We should have variety to keep people's interest. Running the same shit every day (like Karazhan) gets tired very quickly so people should be ready to get what they want and move on.

We previously had loads of officers. Some had nothing to do whilst others worked their fingers to the bone. This can't happen again because as we have seen, when one or two of the key members either leave or can't log in a while the whole guild crumbles to dust and takes tonnes of work to rebuild rather than repair. We shouldn't say 'hey you're cool, here be an officer'. What we need to say is 'how many officers do we need and what responsibilities need to be handed out?'. So far we have five certified officers as follows:

guildmaster: Tinar
deputy gms: Eleynalia), Estora
banker: Urias
webmaster: Doone

How many more do we need? Raid organiser? Class leaders? Webmaster? Recruitment officer? What do you think?

Timetable? Any thoughts.

Use this thread as a brainstorming session. I'll add some more of my own thoughts after others have had a chance to contribute.

Now don't just read this and walk away... hit REPLY and start typing!

Tim (Tinar, Trixxus, Tirii, Tilan)
Proud Guild Leader of the mighty <Flintlocke>

Last edited by Tinar on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Urias

New Start - Your Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Start - Your Thoughts?   New Start - Your Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:17 pm

Seeing as i have returned to wow quite recently, same with you Tim, i have yet to hit lvl 80. (tho will do so very soon) At the moment the guild is a nice and social environment where people seem to get along nicely. What must be given a thought is where we want the guild to go, what we want from it in the near and distant future. Myself i want to raid, it is my main reason for continuing the game, as well as being with the people i consider as my friends on wow.

To start raiding we need a Raidleader, someone who knows a bit more about it all than the rest, who can pick the team for the night and lead it. Several raidleaders will be needed, but it should be a point not to have too many of them, 2-3 should be sufficient as it would make a bit of room for the RL's irl life.

Recruitment officer? Might be a good idea. A person who sees what classes are missing out and who will do the active recruitment. Also the person who will accept/deny players access to the guild. He/she should consult the gm's if there is a matter of yes/no, but it is important that this officer will be given the final power of decision.

Other than those i cant really see us needing any more. Its better to bring in more as needed than appoint a bunch of officers without anything to do.

My two cents
Urias
Back to top Go down

New Start - Your Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Flintlocke :: Guild Suggestions-
Jump to: