Flintlocke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft EU Genjuros Guild Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thursday/Sunday night raid.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eleynalia

Thursday/Sunday night raid. Empty
PostSubject: Thursday/Sunday night raid.   Thursday/Sunday night raid. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi all
I would just like to say well done for having a go at grobulus he is not the easiest boss in naxx at all he is actually rumoured to be the hardest.
I would also like to say that we will be starting with the plague wing on Sunday night and if all goes well having another go at Grobbulus at the end.
Can all of you that have accepted or plan on coming please read the tactics on the bosses in this wing and also Grobbulus after all if we dont try we dont get anywhere as a guild. A positive attitude towards what we can achieve will take us far.
Back to top Go down
Tinar

Tinar

PostSubject: Re: Thursday/Sunday night raid.   Thursday/Sunday night raid. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:16 am

I can't say I was impressed with the run or the attitude of many of the members involved. The "we're not geared enough for this boss" or "we haven't got enough ranged" excuses are pittiful and come across to me as "we can't be arsed because this is hard". If DPS was the issue then I would expect to stay alive but wipe to the enrage. Wiping a few minutes into the fight at 75% boss health can only realistically be blamed on tactics. Rather than take the time to re-evaluate the tactics and discuss it as a group we were bombarded with cowards and quitters. Neither are the kind of players we want for future raids if we are to make any progress.

I appreciate that new bosses are hard to learn and not everyone has the luxury of familiarity or the time to get it. This means that reading tactics and watching videos help, but really and historically we know that hard bosses cause wipe after wipe until people have actual first-hand experience (remember Netherspite, anyone?). If anyone can't take the learning ride then kindly don't sign up for raids again because no reward comes without both challenge and loss. If anyone wants to quit mid-raid because they feel that their guild-mates aren't up to their standard then please feel free to leave now because this antisocial, elitist and arrogant behaviour will not be tolerated here.

Everyone (including me) involved in the raid has massive room for improvement in one or more of the following areas:

Communication (advising as well as listening)
Understanding (reading tactics and helping others to understand them)
Patience (we will fail before we pass)
Practice (every fail is a lesson: learn the lessons don't just make excuses)

Let's not let this happen again please people. I know (and we all know) that we have the potential to be great. I want to turn that potential into a reality and move forward like we know we can.

Thanks for listening and see you next time.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Doone

Doone

PostSubject: Re: Thursday/Sunday night raid.   Thursday/Sunday night raid. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:38 pm

No excuses here for my behaviour at all. I was in a foul mood before raid and shouldent have come. Cowardly and Elitest takes the piss a bit tho. Ive been to more wipefests then is memorable and to my recolection thats the first time ive thrown a strop. And whats to be said about disbanding and wasting peoples time because a single DPS quit? Sounds more like the problem was at the top to me.

But it wont happen again i can at least promise that.
Back to top Go down
Tinar

Tinar

PostSubject: Re: Thursday/Sunday night raid.   Thursday/Sunday night raid. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:09 pm

Albeit I used some harsh words but I did find the overriding attitude of the raid disconcerting that after the second wipe there was a growing group pushing to quit that encounter and move on. That was my reference to cowardly. I'm not a 'bury head in sand' type person so I was quite aggravated myself. Yeah I was having a direct go at you for some of the post but actually I was sharing the shit quite evenly and I think everyone who was there can read the above and think of themselves as a focus for some of it (and also probably think of me as a total wanker - so be it).

The raid call was not because of a lost DPS but, as I explained at the time, due to the raid group not working together well, or 'gelling' as I put it. In my opinion there is no point in continuing when people aren't working together and listening to each other. In that situation I'd rather piss a few people off immediately rather than prolong the agony.

Thanks for your apology and I hope you will accept mine for being perhaps too blunt in some situations.
Back to top Go down
Doone

Doone

PostSubject: Re: Thursday/Sunday night raid.   Thursday/Sunday night raid. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:21 pm

Np Tim all done and dusted. I do think that perticular boss is way beyond us atm but if i had come to the raid with a more positive attitude i would have agreed that at least we were getting some first hand experience on him which will come in handy when we have the dps. I dont think we have shitly geared people atm as ive been on many a heroic run with guildies and we stroll through them easily its just we will need a big old dps beefup and some honed experience when dealing with the last 3rd of the fight.
Back to top Go down
eleynalia

PostSubject: Re: Thursday/Sunday night raid.   Thursday/Sunday night raid. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:39 am

Hi guys, sorry but i may not be able to make the raid, if i am online - if i am not then i'm not. Good luck just in case.
Back to top Go down
pleasure

PostSubject: Re: Thursday/Sunday night raid.   Thursday/Sunday night raid. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:08 am

This is what I have found about tonigths run, look at them and take some learn.

Bosses:
Noth the Plaguebringer link Here
Anub'rekhan link Here
Grand Widow Faerlina link Here

Grobbulus link Here

Ofc there is other tactics, but just a hint what we are going to do this evening!

Pleasuregirl / Jalla
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thursday/Sunday night raid.   Thursday/Sunday night raid. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thursday/Sunday night raid.
Page 1 of 1